Saturday, November 13, 2010

Moxie Marlinspike

Photobucket

I discovered the multi-talented pirate-of-sorts Moxie Marlinspike after watching his Anarchist Yacht Clubb sailing documentary, Hold Fast. Young, crafty, funny, well-spoken -- he's a beacon for the D.I.Y. community. Upon further research, I came to find out that he's not only a self-made sailor, but also an avid techie-wizard, independent computer security researcher, hitchhiker, railroad tramp, and excellent blogger to name a few. I was blown away, and reading his blog impressed me even more. His website thoughtcrime.org includes a compendium of awesome stories of his adventures. He is totally luminous and inspires me to become more of an inventive, adventurous, (crusty), simple, technologically savvy person. Thank you Moxie Marlinspike.

Hold Fast from Moxie Marlinspike on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment